Suggestion: Collectors day in Tesco/Giant/Carrefour/Toys r us etc

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
vandenan
Active HWCM Member

Male Number of posts : 280
Registration date : 2010-03-18

PostSubject: Suggestion: Collectors day in Tesco/Giant/Carrefour/Toys r us etc   Mon Jul 30, 2012 11:48 am

First topic message reminder :

Hi All,

I felt so jelous when seeing in youtube some collectors in US post their videos about collector's day at K-Mart. At the event they can easily got the Thunts and super thunts as well fresh item from a box oppened in front of their eyes. I dont know whether this have been discussed here but I feel as a community we should come up with a suggestion letter or email to our local companies to held an event like what K-Mart did. Please share your opinion.. Smile
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
huileng
Active HWCM Member

Female Number of posts : 431
Registration date : 2012-06-14

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion: Collectors day in Tesco/Giant/Carrefour/Toys r us etc   Thu Aug 02, 2012 3:10 pm

jackdy wrote:
rajaazlanshah363 wrote:
I've been thinking about this for a long time. yes it is a good suggestion where it is like a dream come true. but you have to remember, the sales graph for hw stuff in Malays is really low compared to US. sorry to say, Malaysian collectors mostly love jdm and that is why for this past year, the price of jdm have sky-rocketed. Unlike in US, the number of collectors are bigger. A simple ratio for malaysia to US collectors; 1:100.

My point is, if we have more number of collectors and all of them does't concentrate only to jdm's, the sales would be higher. Hence, the retailer would be happy to do a collector's day because they now they can sell the item fast. You can see in many places where we have peg warmers that have been sitting there for ages. That is why the retailer have a promo buy 2 free 1 where the free car is a peg warmer. However, this is just my honest opinion.

Ganah demo kecek matsaleh.. xpehe kawe...

Kawe pehe tapi tak pandai guano nak jawab.. Haha
Back to top Go down
vandenan
Active HWCM Member

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion: Collectors day in Tesco/Giant/Carrefour/Toys r us etc   Thu Aug 02, 2012 3:46 pm

huileng wrote:

Kawe pehe tapi tak pandai guano nak jawab.. Haha

Jawab je bahasa apa pun..hahahha
Back to top Go down
CHAH
Active HWCM Member

Male Number of posts : 2761
Registration date : 2009-06-01

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion: Collectors day in Tesco/Giant/Carrefour/Toys r us etc   Thu Aug 02, 2012 4:09 pm

wildspirit wrote:
CHAH wrote:
tubik slalu slalu sini, boh.....baru rghama orghe buleh kenal......... brows

Mu baby hisak budu weh?

hahaha....aku orak ngerti weh....... tongue tongue tongue
Back to top Go down
sahama
Active HWCM Member

Male Number of posts : 16149
Registration date : 2010-02-24

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion: Collectors day in Tesco/Giant/Carrefour/Toys r us etc   Fri Aug 03, 2012 9:23 am

Well.. the question is, how are we going to achieve the proposal? Start with..
Back to top Go down
http://kitzakuan1968.blogspot.com/
vandenan
Active HWCM Member

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion: Collectors day in Tesco/Giant/Carrefour/Toys r us etc   Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:22 am

List of I think what we should initiate.

1) Get support from all members here like voting to say yes or no to such event
2) Discuss and research of the relevent of this event and see if it can be a reality
3) Form an informal commitee in producing suggestion letter during gathering
4) Find list of possible organizers including its contact person to send this suggestion letter
5) Discuss event activity, date, location
6) Write the letter and get as much signature we could to show support

Just my idea if we want to start an event..

Back to top Go down
trueno

Male Number of posts : 82
Registration date : 2011-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion: Collectors day in Tesco/Giant/Carrefour/Toys r us etc   Sat Aug 04, 2012 9:41 pm

Such events like TRU exclusive, Kmart day and such requires the supermarket to work hand in hand with the manufacturer. Over here TESCO, CARREFOUR and GIANT are not US company. KMart & Target is US company. So they could liaise easily with the company that sells their products. This country difference is already a big hurdle to jump.
Back to top Go down
msclee
Active HWCM Member

Male Number of posts : 2382
Registration date : 2010-03-11

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion: Collectors day in Tesco/Giant/Carrefour/Toys r us etc   Sun Aug 05, 2012 12:11 am

trueno wrote:
Such events like TRU exclusive, Kmart day and such requires the supermarket to work hand in hand with the manufacturer. Over here TESCO, CARREFOUR and GIANT are not US company. KMart & Target is US company. So they could liaise easily with the company that sells their products. This country difference is already a big hurdle to jump.

Reasonable explanation here....as Mattel are from USA between Tesco (UK) Carrefour (France) and Giant (Local) thumbsup thumbsup thumbsup

Back to top Go down
vandenan
Active HWCM Member

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion: Collectors day in Tesco/Giant/Carrefour/Toys r us etc   Sun Aug 05, 2012 8:12 am

msclee wrote:
trueno wrote:

Reasonable explanation here....as Mattel are from USA between Tesco (UK) Carrefour (France) and Giant (Local) thumbsup thumbsup thumbsup

how about harvey norman?
Back to top Go down
sahama
Active HWCM Member

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion: Collectors day in Tesco/Giant/Carrefour/Toys r us etc   Sun Aug 05, 2012 10:51 am

HN Australia bang
Back to top Go down
vandenan
Active HWCM Member

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion: Collectors day in Tesco/Giant/Carrefour/Toys r us etc   Sun Aug 05, 2012 5:24 pm

toys r s?
Back to top Go down
sahama
Active HWCM Member

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion: Collectors day in Tesco/Giant/Carrefour/Toys r us etc   Sun Aug 05, 2012 6:43 pm

toys rs full of insiders
Back to top Go down
vandenan
Active HWCM Member

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion: Collectors day in Tesco/Giant/Carrefour/Toys r us etc   Mon Aug 06, 2012 9:10 am

sahama wrote:
toys rs full of insiders

Is it? no wonder till now their stocks looks unupdated. I've went to Midvel and KLCC's toysrus and see similar old stock but I cant comment anything regarding to insider. It might be true.
Back to top Go down
musclemania
Active HWCM Member

Male Number of posts : 4211
Registration date : 2009-09-03

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion: Collectors day in Tesco/Giant/Carrefour/Toys r us etc   Mon Aug 06, 2012 12:26 pm

Insider ke, outsider ke, up-sider ke, down-sider ke, not to worry much, jst go and hunt.
Back to top Go down
vandenan
Active HWCM Member

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion: Collectors day in Tesco/Giant/Carrefour/Toys r us etc   Mon Aug 06, 2012 12:31 pm

musclemania wrote:
Insider ke, outsider ke, up-sider ke, down-sider ke, not to worry much, jst go and hunt.

If only I got jobs like Huileng..can visit lots of shopping malls and supermarket =)..everyday = hunting
Back to top Go down
huileng
Active HWCM Member

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion: Collectors day in Tesco/Giant/Carrefour/Toys r us etc   Mon Aug 06, 2012 12:45 pm

tak pernah dapat keto come kat tru..

oooiii.. my job not easy lar wei... :'(
Back to top Go down
musclemania
Active HWCM Member

Male Number of posts : 4211
Registration date : 2009-09-03

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion: Collectors day in Tesco/Giant/Carrefour/Toys r us etc   Mon Aug 06, 2012 12:45 pm

Pro and cons for outlet-relate-job. Cons is, we'll spend daily cos we can't resist the poisonous stuffs on peg LOL
Back to top Go down
huileng
Active HWCM Member

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion: Collectors day in Tesco/Giant/Carrefour/Toys r us etc   Mon Aug 06, 2012 1:00 pm

Laughing take resit claim with company, hahaha.. entertaiment fee (dreaming lar )
Back to top Go down
vandenan
Active HWCM Member

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion: Collectors day in Tesco/Giant/Carrefour/Toys r us etc   Mon Aug 06, 2012 1:24 pm

huileng wrote:
tak pernah dapat keto come kat tru..

oooiii.. my job not easy lar wei... :'(

not easy but syiokkk can find many hotwheels hehehehe =)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion: Collectors day in Tesco/Giant/Carrefour/Toys r us etc   

Back to top Go down

Suggestion: Collectors day in Tesco/Giant/Carrefour/Toys r us etc
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
HWCMalaysia.com Message Boards :: General Discussions (HW ONLY) :: HW Discussions-
Jump to: