Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
Atomkinder
Active HWCM Member

Male Number of posts : 3071
Registration date : 2009-06-17

PostSubject: HOT WHEELS at RM7.50 per card, logic?   Tue Jul 05, 2011 11:55 pm

First topic message reminder :

Please bear with me, and I know it's long... But I really had say this...

The inevitable has happened. In some places in Malaysia, the price of a Hot Wheels card
is being priced at RM7.50 per card. That is an incredible hike of 60 cent from RM6.90.
Where in the USA, the rise from 99cent to usd$1 was such a huge fuss from USA Hot Wheels collectors,
imagine how would they feel if the hike is over 60 cents.

EDITED

I know for fact that Mattel Worldwide is not doing good in financially.
Mattel is in trouble. The giant toy company Mattel is going through one of its worst crises.
Year after year the company has been having poor numbers performance. Reasons for poor performance are not lacking: the high price of metal and oil (raw material of plastic), high freight and a great pressure for better working conditions of employees in Asia (and consequent increase in labor costs).
But the most painful blow on American consumers was no doubt the price increase across the board. Since its inception in 1968, Hot Wheels is proud to keep the price below the baseline of $ 1, prem this year that barrier was broken, and now the models are found in stores for $ 1.09 to $ 1.11. You may find that the increase was just and that there was not much commercial impact, but this increase of 10% had an immediate effect in the stores, and now the rapidly emptying shelves that are always crowded with products, with tenants taking more and more to put new models on sale. Who first bought 10 cars, nine now purchase the same price, and we're talking about a public living one of the worst recessions the U.S. has ever passed.

Perhaps because of the big huge fuss created in US is even greater, it's lesser painful for Mattel to increased the international market.
It's easier. Hence, here we are going at RM7.50.

Have your say. Say what you feel.
To think of it, I save more money on not buying toys. The obvious right?
I don't have to go crazy spending silly money on petrol and toll for chasing new cases at 7E?
With RM7.50 saved everyday I can cut my car petrol usage by half.
Now why didn't Mattel think of that?

My Cars For Sell!
http://hwcmalaysia.forumj.net/t6054-thunder-roller-for-sell-more#193408

Last edited by Atomkinder on Mon Aug 15, 2011 3:57 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
KidrauhlM5
Active HWCM Member

Male Number of posts : 411
Registration date : 2009-09-10

PostSubject: Re: HOT WHEELS at RM7.50 per card, logic?   Wed Sep 14, 2011 6:46 pm

It has already been overpriced back in 2009 when I started to collect it unlike some years ago when it was only RM5 each car... From RM5.90 to RM6.90 and now what, RM7.50? It is seriously overpriced so that's why I'm limiting to a couple of cars each month - which also means that I will fail to reach the target to acquire all the wanted cars.

There's nothing much we can do though.

EDIT:

Apparently, not only Malaysia that is suffering from this issue. Slovenia, US, UK and many other places are having the exact same issue. These small cars are getting more and more overpriced while we're earning less and less...
Back to top Go down
http://www.haziqdaf1fanatic.de.ms
Zedd_68
Active HWCM Member

Male Number of posts : 827
Registration date : 2012-05-26

PostSubject: Re: HOT WHEELS at RM7.50 per card, logic?   Fri Jun 01, 2012 2:44 am

Guys,

Without the purchases, there'll be little future for the club. We will have what we already have...and that's it.

I guess (and it may have been suggested elsewhere in this forum, so please forgive me for my oversight) one of the things to do is 'persuade' mattel malaysia to reconsider or reduce such a high increase, for the long-term benefits of their business and their supporters (i.e. the club and any off-shoots) - (but I wonder why places got differing prices??)

I have been away from collecting for quite sometime...and just about to rekindle the love affair, but I guess have to focus on the segment, rather than trying to grab everything that I fancy.

note: even other manufacturers/brands (siku, tomica, yes even realtoy) have had their price increased.
Back to top Go down
KidrauhlM5
Active HWCM Member

Male Number of posts : 411
Registration date : 2009-09-10

PostSubject: Re: HOT WHEELS at RM7.50 per card, logic?   Fri Jun 01, 2012 2:50 am

Zedd_68 wrote:
I have been away from collecting for quite sometime...and just about to rekindle the love affair, but I guess have to focus on the segment, rather than trying to grab everything that I fancy.

I have been away from collecting for nearly 4 months already. The price is just too much for me at the moment. Doesn't mean I'll stop though, just my current financial situation is not suiting...

Hopefully Mattel can do something about this. I can honestly see more people stop collecting if they hike the price even more.
Back to top Go down
http://www.haziqdaf1fanatic.de.ms
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: HOT WHEELS at RM7.50 per card, logic?   

Back to top Go down

HOT WHEELS at RM7.50 per card, logic?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
HWCMalaysia.com Message Boards :: General Discussions (HW ONLY) :: HW Discussions-
Jump to: